Since 1977, Verimark has been offering the latest product innovations, the highest quality products and the best customer service. Today, Verimark is proud to be rated as one of South Africa’s most recognized and trusted brands.
Verimark only stocks products of the highest quality that comply with our strict levels of testing and inspection. We are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make. However, if you experience any problem or concerns, please refer to the options provided for below.
We are committed to operating our business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
15 days exchange or refund policy:
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 15 days of purchase. However, the goods must still be in their original condition and packaging, and you must provide us with proof of payment for the goods. Also, returned goods must be complete with all the accessories included in the original purchase, as well as any Freebies received with the purchase. You will be required to offer us an explanation for the return and offer us the opportunity to address any problems.
Are any goods excluded from the 15-day exchange or refund policy?
Yes, there are a few exceptions. The goods we exclude from the 15-day return policy are:
- swimwear, underwear, shavers, toothbrushes and other personal care items.
- software, CD’s, DVD’s and pre-recorded videos are protected by copyright law. Unless there is a manufacturing defect in the goods, you can only return these goods if they are still in the original condition as sold and the packaging has not been opened yet.
- goods purchased by way of special arrangement or custom ordered will only be replaced if defective.
- goods which are sold as damaged, defective, used or repaired, where we disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods.
What if the goods are unsuitable for the purpose I initially bought them for?
If you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a salesperson who confirmed that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 15 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the salesperson.
Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund.
What can I do if the goods are defective?
If your goods turn out to be defective within the first 6 months after you received them from us, we will repair them, replace them or give you a refund, provided that it is a material defect, and that the defect did not develop as a result of abuse, fair wear and tear, or through not following our or the manufacturer’s instructions.
If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, Verimark will send the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace.
If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange with the manufacturer or its agent to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
Are there any conditions that apply to manufacturers’ warranties?
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods. We explain two general conditions as follows:
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded. We can book a service call with the supplier on your behalf, if your phone in and request us to do this.
- Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired or replaced at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty.
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on-site or at the manufacturer’s premises.
- Used consumables (such as Genesis Vacuum Sealer Bags for example) may not form part of the hardware being repaired and will thus not be replaced during repair.
In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- damage caused by lightning or power surges.
- damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods.
- goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured.
- goods used contrary to their instruction manuals.
- accidental damage.
- Verimark has a no return policy for all toys, unless the purchased toys are still sealed and have not been used within a period of 15-days.
How will I be refunded?
Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in one of the following ways:
- credit note.
- electronic transfer directly into your account.
- cash (if the original payment was made in cash). Kindly note that due to the risks associated with carrying large sums of cash in our stores, refunds under R300.00 are made in cash while larger amounts will be transferred into your account within 48 hours.
- credit card (by reversal back to your credit card).
- cheque – within one week of request and only once your original cheque is cleared.
- We endeavour to refund you in the same manner in which you paid Verimark.
Can Verimark assist me if I want an out of warranty repair?
Yes, we can assist you to have the goods repaired by acting as an agent on your behalf. The law requires the following in respect of repairs:
- the manufacturer or its repairs agent must quote you first and you need to accept the quote before the repair can take place.
- the quote must include the supply and installation of replacement parts, as well as the labour costs.
- you must also give authorisation for diagnostic work in order to determine the scope of the required repairs.
Thank you for shopping at Verimark. We invite you to come and talk to us first if there is any problem you are experiencing as a result of your transaction with us. We commit to giving you the opportunity to be heard and will always try to come to a fair and reasonable settlement if there is a dispute. We would like to receive any feedback you may have in order to ensure that you have the very best shopping experience with Verimark at all times. Please direct any feedback to our Customer Care Centre on 0860 005 005 or via our website www.verimark.co.za