When Verimark opened its doors for the first time in 1977, it was with a staff of 2 people, a capital base of R5,000 and a dream of building a company that would bring the best innovations to the South African consumer.
Today, more than 44 years later, we look back and we are proud that we have lived our dream, in fact we believe we have excelled well beyond it! We not only employ around 1200 people, but the Verimark brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands in Southern Africa and in many other parts of the world.
Verimark today is also rated the market leader on the African continent. This is no surprise, given the company's rare ability to continuously bring more unique, innovative, and top quality products to the ever-increasing millions of consumers that aspire to the ultimate lifestyle. While many companies claim to deliver "quality and service", Verimark's genuine pursuit of "only the very best", has clearly differentiated the company from the rest. Our Product range covers Housewares, Fitness, DIY (including Security), Automotive, Beauty and Educational Toys.
Verimark is today ranked as the largest buyer of television airtime compared to any other DRTV company in SA. The Nielsen reports, which recognise the largest buyers of television airtime in South Africa, always reflects Verimark within the top TV 30 advertisers across the Country.
Verimark's dominant position as the market leader in South Africa is borne out by the following achievements by the company and its management:
- Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), mainboard between 2005 and 2019. The Verimark share was rated the 4th best performing share on the JSE in 2010 (Business Times). Also rated the 4th best performing share in a recent Finweek survey conducted by McGregor BFA. Click here to view a photo of the event
- Chosen as a finalist in the "SA Best Entrepreneur" award (sponsored by Ernst and Young and ABSA Bank) – for the second time!
- Twice a finalist in "SA Non-Listed Company of the Year" award (sponsored by Arthur Andersen, Business Day and Wits Business School). Verimark was the "runner up" in the last competition!
- Voted "Role Model for the New Millennium" by a Business Chamber of Commerce.
- Elected as one of South Africa's "Leading Managers for 2004" by Corporate Research Foundation, sponsored by Business Report.
- Twice voted one of South Africa's top 300 companies by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
- Selected by Entrepreneur, the world's best selling entrepreneurship magazine, as a role model for entrepreneurs. Only 12 individuals are selected annually.
Verimark developed a business model that converges the power of Direct Marketing with the impressive volume benefits of wide retail distribution.
- Direct Response TV (DRTV): We pioneered this form of marketing in South Africa and have always been the market leader (current market share in excess of 60%).
- Retail / Chain Stores (more than 2000 outlets): Verimark not only pioneered the concept of dedicated telemarketing areas within retail chains, but we are today rated as one of the largest suppliers to the many chain stores with whom we work.
- Company Owned and Franchise Stores: We have 80 "As Seen on TV" Verimark stores, an achievement no other international DRTV company can claim!
- Exhibitions and Shows: We participate on a substantial scale in international consumer and trade shows.
- International: Verimark has built an international client base in more than 40 countries.
Although we are proud of our past successes and achievements, we are more excited about the challenge the future holds. Verimark's passion and success-proven business model will allow us to bring more of the best quality innovations not only to consumers in South Africa but also across the Globe.